Wednesday, May 30, 2012

to be king or not to be king...

I learned something today that will save me a lot of personal struggle if I ever find myself in a throne as a king with a kingdom to rule.

I have deduced that it matters not whether I rule with fear or love. The diversity of all the people I rule over will assure that the outcome will be the same.

If I rule with fear, the majority of people will obey because they are afraid. But there will be enough people who cannot be manipulated by fear and over time they will either start a revolution against me, or stab me in the back, depending on their position.

If I rule with love, the majority of people will obey because they also love. But again there will be enough people whose heart is too hard for love and over time they will either convince enough people to revolt against me because I wouldn't see it coming, or stab me in the back, depending on their position.

So If I ever find myself a king, I have two choices, and it matters not how I perform them, only that I choose one. I can either 1 - give my throne up and run away hoping no one follows and kills me, which will surely happen, or 2 - be whatever kind of king i feel like being and have as much fun as i can before I am killed, which will surely happen.

You see I must choose one and stick with it, because the only mistake you can make as a king is to sit on a fence.  If I stumble around with my choices, the majority of the people will neither be afraid of me, or love me and therefore they will revolt against me because I am not fit to be a king.

No comments:

Post a Comment